I feel like its time to review some assumptions, most of which have absolutely no relevance to my life.
I just have a bunch of ish floating around in my head as though I'm hung over despite this being about the most sober period of my post-pubescent life. Thought I could write it all out in Chinglish without any extra effort to make it readable.
1. This is China's last hurrah. After the Olympics its all downhill and into an extended period of sub-par growth. (It might take 6 months or so for the downsing to really set in.)
2. Global Inflation--WTF??? What is the relationship between Chinese inflation and global inflation. What are the consequences of global inflation and the likely policy responses. The answers to these questions go a long way towards everything.
3. I am way too tired to even begin looking for answers to that question.
4. Somehow Hillary is still going to win. If she doesn't Obama will lose the general election by lots of votes. McCain at 39.00 on intrade is free money but you gotta know when to sell. (Do you sell at 45.00??)
5. Poker is now happening in Macao and seems to be growing in popularity throughout Asia. This is awesome for Swedish dudes that enjoy the paid accompaniment of Asian girls.
6. The Olympics are coming and I know there are lots of way to get related jobs and make related money but I can't really think of any.
7. The end of an era. The economic cycle is turning, the Olympics will have come and gone soon enough, and the same can be said for Bush and ChenShuiBian. Its a brave new world and nobody can really say whats gonna happen now.